Receivables & Revenue Specialist
Responsible for collecting & posting customer payments, performing revenue analysis, preparing & presenting revenue reporting, assisting with daily functions in Finance and special projects.
- Collect payments from customers.
- Contact customers by phone & email and review customer websites to obtain payment information on past due balances.
- Evaluate and solve issues causing delays in payment.
- Review past due reports regularly to ensure all past due balances are addressed.
- Work with Assistant Credit Manager to establish collection priorities and adjust collection strategies as needed to maximize cash flow related to Trade Receivables.
- Communicate portfolio status to A/R Team and Controller.
- Apply customer payments promptly & accurately.
- Serve as subject matter expert on sales & cost performance.
- Perform revenue data mining, analysis & reconciliation.
- Effectively interpret and present data to support business decision making.
- Respond to enquires & prepare ad hoc reports.
- Act as the point person for Business Development Manager team regarding sales revenue planning & reporting.
- Maintain mastery of sales reporting including understanding of all related data points.
- Create reports to support customer allowance calculations.
- Provide training & guidance to ensure accurate information is used when establishing customer pricing.
- Represent Progressive International Corporation with a high level of integrity and professionalism.
- Adhere to Progressive International Corporation policies and support management decisions and goals in a positive, professional manner.
- Handle A/R calls from customers and sales representatives.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Interaction & Environment
- Reports To: Credit/CSR Manager
- Work areas are inside in a climate-controlled environment with light background noise.
Material & Equipment Used
Computer Fax Machine Copier
Printer E-Mail Ten Key/Calculator
Telephone General Office Supplies Voice Mail
Physical activities required to perform essential functions
Sitting/Standing/Walking: Approximately 90% of time is spent working at a desk. Balance of time (approximately 10%) is spent moving around work areas.
Speaking/Hearing: Ability to effectively communicate with co-workers, customers, and outside agencies, by telephone and in person.
Vision: Ability to effectively use a computer screen and interpret printed materials, memos and other appropriate paperwork.
Lifting/Carrying: Ability to transport fifty (50) pounds of files and supplies by hand and up to 150 pounds by hand-truck.
Stooping/Kneeling: Ability to access files and supplies.
Reaching/Handling: Ability to input information into computer systems and retrieve and work with appropriate paperwork, equipment and supplies.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills; ability to communicate effectively and project a professional image when giving and taking information in writing, in person, and over the phone.
- Excellent MS Excel skills, including a high level of familiarity with formulas, conditional formatting & pivot tables.
- Working knowledge of general accounting practices, journal entries, debits & credits.
- Strong typing/keyboarding skills (50 wpm).
- AS400 query skills are a plus.
- Good interpersonal skills with the ability to work effectively with individuals and groups at all organization levels; ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Ability to take initiative and prioritize tasks; good time-management, organizational, problem-prevention and problem-solving skills.
- Strong analytical ability with active listening skills.
- Ability to work accurately with close attention to detail.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of sensitive information.
- Willingness to adapt to changing business needs and deadlines.
- Ability to study and apply new information.
- Possess a work ethic that includes neatness and punctuality.
Education & Experience: High school diploma or equivalent related experience, Accounting certificate or degree a plus.
Two (2) years collections experience. Two (2) years data analysis experience. Business to business environment preferred.
High School or equivalent
Student (High School)
A drug screen is required of all applications for this position.