- Under the direction of the Credit Manager ensure that credit procedures are followed effectively and that continuous flow of communication is maintained.
- Handle orders on credit hold.
- Handle collection on assigned accounts (e.g., international customers, etc.)
- Set and review customer account terms and credit limits. Review financial results of key accounts and negotiation of terms when necessary.
- Prepare and review receivables reports; establish weekly collection priorities.
- Prepare and distribute management reporting.
- Keep up with current A/R events by maintaining relationships with other credit professionals, maintaining memberships in credit and professional groups, and by utilizing sources such as newspapers, industry publications and magazines.
- Respond to requests and provide analysis as needed from Controller.
INTERACTION & ENVIRONMENT:
- Reports To: Credit Manager
- Work areas are inside in a climate-controlled environment with light background noise.
MATERIAL AND EQUIPMENT USED:
Computer Fax Machine Copier
Printer E-Mail Ten Key/Calculator
Telephone General Office Supplies Voice Mail
PHYSICAL ACTIVITIES REQUIRED TO PERFORM ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
- Sitting/Standing/Walking: Approximately 90% of time is spent working at a desk. Balance of time (approximately 10%) is spent moving around work areas.
- Speaking/Hearing: Ability to effectively communicate with co-workers, customers, and outside agencies, by telephone and in person.
- Vision: Ability to effectively use a computer screen and interpret printed materials, memos and other appropriate paperwork.
- Lifting/Carrying: Ability to transport fifty (50) pounds of files and supplies by hand and up to 150 pounds by hand-truck.
- Stooping/Kneeling: Ability to access files and supplies.
- Reaching/Handling: Ability to input information into computer systems and retrieve and work with appropriate paperwork, equipment and supplies.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills; ability to communicate effectively and project a professional image when giving and taking information in writing, in person and over the phone.
- Strong word processing and computer database skills with accurate typing/ keyboarding skills (50 wpm).
- Outstanding interpersonal skills with the ability to provide leadership and work effectively with individuals and groups at all organization levels; ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Ability to respond effectively to sensitive inquiries or complaints.
- Ability to take initiative and prioritize tasks; good time-management, organizational, problem-prevention and problem-solving skills.
- Strong analytical ability with active listening skills.
- Ability to work accurately with close attention to detail.
- Solid financial analysis skills.
- Knowledge of credit and commercial laws.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of sensitive information.
- Willingness to adapt to changing business needs and deadlines.
- Ability to study and apply new information.
- Exhibit a professional, business like appearance and demeanor.